Make a lasting first impression with your front door, and consider the more practical, everyday use your family needs from a back or side door.
- All Panel – This style of door is an assembly comprised of stiles (vertical pieces), and rails (horizontal pieces) inserted into the door frame.
- Glass Panel – A glass panel door consists of a glass door that opens onto an entrance, patio, deck or backyard of a house. The door panel is comprised of stiles, rails and glass to allow for viewing.
- Dutch – Dutch doors are constructed in two pieces, allowing the upper section to be opened independently of the lower.
Greet your guests in style with doors that bring out the personality of your home.
- Design Styles – We know that distinctive homes deserve accuracy in every detail. From Art Deco to Victorian, we believe that doors are not just functional, but an essential part of enhancing the architectural style of your home.
- Choices for Your Entire Home – We offer a greater depth and breadth of window and door products than anyone else – from the outside to the inside of the home; that means you can create a unified look for your entire home.
- Panels – Every door starts as a blank slate waiting for you to pick the number, shape and placement of panels to match your design vision.
- Sticking – We offer a variety of options for the Sticking, which is the detailing around the perimeter of the panels or glass on a door.
- Texture – From smooth or handhewn to distressed or hammered, the texture of a door can transform a door from modern to old world.
We combine high quality materials with a smart manufacturing process for durability and beauty.
- Fiberglass – This material features both the feel and look of genuine wood, right down to the knots and cracks, with less upkeep. In fact, these doors are built to consistently withstand the rigors of any climate – hot or cold, wet or dry.
- Wood – Wood comes from trees that grow in a variety of species, such as fir, pine, mahogany or alder. Each species has a range of characteristics, like grain, color and sap content, which contributes to its unique appearance.
- Steel – An economical option, steel offers strength and durability and is a good choice for most climates. These doors are also treated to deliver superior rust-resistance. They will require only minimal maintenance (in especially moist areas, they may require minor upkeep).
- Engineered Composite – FiberLast® Engineered Composite doors are made with a patented technology that combines weathering resistance, durability and dent resistance. They are stable even in extreme temperatures.
How It’s Built
From choosing the right materials to putting it all together, we put quality and reliability first.
- The Core – All of our doors look and feel solid, but may use different materials inside the core to improve its fire rating, soundproofing or structural integrity.
- The Skin – We know Exterior Doors can take a beating from the weather, and that’s why we give equal weight to durability and beauty in crafting the door’s skin or surface finish.
- Prehung – We offer prehung door packages to ensure an easy installation with a precise fit.
- Building Codes – These are published ordinances that will regulate many aspects of your project, such as design loads, opening widths and material selection. Our doors are designed and tested with these local building codes in mind.
Energy and the Environment
At Nelson Window, we put our concern for the environment into everything we do, so that energy savings and peace of mind are built right into your home.
- ENERGY STAR® – We have been an ENERGY STAR partner since 1998, and offer a wide variety of windows and doors that meet or exceed their standards.
- Green Building Initiative – We belong to the Green Building Initiative, which promotes credible and practical green building approaches to residential and commercial construction.
- Locally Sourced – We build your windows and doors in the nearest facility, and source our materials locally whenever possible, in to reduce our carbon footprint and support local economies.
- Reduced VOCs – We are a leader in reducing volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, resulting in fewer toxins being emitted in the air in both the manufacturing process and the products in your home.
- Recycled Materials – One way we support sustainable construction is by using recycled materials in the production of our Engineered Composite doors. In fact, each one features Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) certified door slab made using 35% recycled content.
- Sustainable Products – Our Custom Wood doors offer Juniper, which has been identified as an “invasive specie” in certain regions and is an environmentally sound choice for a couple of reasons. First, since Juniper is typically seen as a throwaway wood, using it to make doors prevents waste. Using Juniper also removes the threat it can cause to our native forests and grasslands due to its high water consumption.